Thirteen members of the Bethany College Symphonic Band, directed by Associate Professor of Music Doug Talbott, have been selected to participate in this year’s Kansas Intercollegiate Band. Conducted by Joseph Hebert of Loyola University, the ensemble will rehearse for 14 hours February 25-26 performing a concert on Feb. 26 at 2:45 p.m. at Century II in Wichita, Kan., as part of the annual Kansas Music Educators In-Service Workshop.
Bethany will be represented by the following students:
- Carlotta Meeker, oboe, Andover, Kan.
- Jodi Bachand, flute, Clyde, Kan.
- Braden Bruntzel, French horn, Jamestown, Kan.
- Emily Bowen, euphonium, Larned, Kan.
- Kenneth Turner, alto saxophone, Marquette, Kan.
- Adam Lindh, percussion, Marquette, Kan.
- Gabe Moore, euphonium, Oberlin, Kan.
- Brent Fales, percussion, Olathe, Kan.
- Kaleb Feist, tuba, Salina, Kan.
- Marlene Peters, mallets, Sublette, Kan.
- Brian Wise, string bass, Arlington, Texas
- Scott James, bassoon, Burleson, Texas
- Mollie Dahl, trombone, Lander, Wyo.
In addition to their participation in the symphonic band, these students also participate in one or more of the other 10 available ensembles that are part of the Bethany instrumental program. The 2010 Kansas Intercollegiate Band involves 130 instrumentalists representing 18 colleges, universities and community colleges within the state of Kansas.