The Bethany College Chamber Choir will perform in Smith Center, Kan., on March 22.
The free event will be held at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at Smith Center Junior Senior High School, 300 Roger Barta Way. The program, sponsored by the local recreation commission, will feature the Bethany Chamber Choir and student soloists along with the Smith Center High School Chansonaires. Chamber Choir member freshman Trenton Terrill is a 2009 graduate of Smith Center High School.
The Bethany College Chamber Choir is directed by Daniel Mahraun, associate professor of music. He earned a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Wartburg College, Master of Music degrees in conducting and performances from the University of Northern Iowa and a Doctor of Musical Arts degree in literature and performance of choral music from the University of Colorado at Boulder. In addition to his conducting responsibilities, Mahraun teaches private voice, choral conducting, voice pedagogy and literature, and aural skills.
The 15 students who sing in the Bethany College Chamber Choir are also members of the Bethany Choir and selected by audition. They represent nearly all disciplines on campus.
During the school year, the choir is heard on campus in Jultide at Bethany and as part of the internationally-known Messiah Festival held each spring during Holy Week. Bethany College Chamber Choir members are:
- Molly Mumm, Brighton, Colo.
- Lindsay Grivetti, Longmont, Colo.
- Rae Sanders, Haysville, Kan.
- Chelsea Kenyon, Iola, Kan.
- Rebecca Rose, Kiowa, Kan.
- Sean Boller, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Chock Hefner, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Joanna Roberts, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Meghan Klaassen, Marquette, Kan.
- Michael Klaassen, Marquette, Kan.
- Kaleb Feist, Salina, Kan.
- Trenton Terrill, Smith Center, Kan.
- Suzanna Swenson, Smolan, Kan.
- Matthew Payor, Franklin Park, N.J.
- Richard Napierkowski, Granbury, Texas