Ten Bethany students have been selected to perform in the Bethany College Music Department Student Honors Recital.
The recital, a traditional part of the college’s annual Messiah Festival of the Arts, will be held on Thursday, April 1 at 3:15 p.m. in Presser Hall. It is free and open to the public.
This year’s students represent a variety of vocalists and instrumentalists. Selection is by the department faculty and recognizes students for their achievements in performance.
Students selected to perform are:
- Molly Mumm, senior, soprano, Brighton, Colo.
- Jodi Bachand, junior, flute, Clyde, Kan.
- Daniel Spears, senior, trumpet, Conway Springs, Kan.
- Sean Boller, senior, baritone, from Lindsborg, Kan.
- Nickolas Carlson, freshman, organ, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Jordan Smith, senior, organ, Lindsborg, Kan.
- Kenneth Turner, junior, tenor saxophone, Marquette, Kan.
- Mackenzie Becker, senior, trumpet, Plainville, Kan.
- Kaleb Feist, sophomore, tuba, from Salina, Kan.
- Marlene Peters, junior, piano, Sublette, Kan.
The 129th consecutive annual season of Handel’s “Messiah” by the Bethany Oratorio Society will be held March 28 and April 4 at 3 p.m. in Presser Hall. The Bethany Oratorio Society will perform Bach’s “St. Matthew Passion” on Good Friday, April 2, at 7:30 p.m. The Messiah Festival also includes art exhibitions, theater performances and ensemble concerts. For a full schedule of events, visit www.bethanylb.edu/messiah.