Messiah Festival conductor Daniel Mahraun has selected eight Bethany College students to sing the solo recitatives and arias in the dress rehearsal of Handel’s “Messiah” on Sunday, March 21 at 3 p.m.
The rehearsal will take place in Presser Hall on the Bethany College campus, and is part of the preparations for the college’s 129th annual Messiah Festival of the Arts.
The dress rehearsal is free and open to the public. Tickets for “Messiah” and “St. Matthew Passion” performances can be purchased by calling (785) 227-3380, ext. 8132, or visiting www.bethanylb.edu/messiah.
The following students will be featured in the “Messiah” dress rehearsal:
- Molly Mumm, soprano, senior from Brighton, Colo.
- Julee Freeman, soprano, freshman from Thornton, Colo.
- Chelsea Kenyon, alto, sophomore from Iola, Kan.
- Sean Boller, baritone, senior from Lindsborg, Kan.
- Chock Hefner, tenor, senior from Lindsborg, Kan.
- Joanna Roberts, soprano, freshman from Lindsborg, Kan.
- Michael Klaassen, tenor, junior from Marquette, Kan.
- Suzanna Swenson, soprano, senior from Smolan, Kan.
Bethany’s 2010 Messiah Festival of the Arts includes the 129th consecutive year of performances of Handel’s “Messiah” by the Bethany Oratorio Society, held March 28 and April 4 at 3 p.m. in Presser Hall. The Bethany Oratorio Society will perform Bach’s “St. Matthew Passion” April 2 at 7:30 p.m. A full schedule of Messiah Festival art exhibitions, theatre performances and ensemble concerts is available at www.bethanylb.edu/messiah.