Twenty Bethany College students were elected to the 2010 Homecoming court during the college’s recent Homecoming festivities.
Every year, Bethany students elect ten female and ten male senior students to be Homecoming candidates. After a second round of voting, this year’s Homecoming royalty were crowned Oct. 15 at the Homecoming talent show.
Kimberly Clouse, Topeka, Kan., was crowned 2010 Homecoming queen. Homecoming king was the late Manuel Honeycutt, Montbello, Colo.
Clouse is majoring in biology. She is a member of the dance team, serving as captain for three years. She has also been a resident advisor and member of Alpha Theta Chi sorority, Gold Key, Tri-Beta and Student Congress. Clouse is the daughter of Ken and Jane Clouse.
Honeycutt, a management and business administration major, passed away on October 9. He was a member of the basketball team and voted by his teammates as “most inspirational.” He was the son of Tyrone and Sharon Honeycutt.
First runners-up were Judy Parsons, Pratt, Kan., and Michael Klaassen, Marquette, Kan.
Parsons, a biology major, has been involved in Alpha Theta Chi sorority, Gold Key, Tri-Beta and the Bio-Chem Club. She is the daughter of Gene and Jan Parsons.
Klaassen is majoring in mathematics. He has participated in choir, Blue Key and the VonNeumann Society.Klaassen is the son of David and Margaret Klaassen.
Second runners-up were Emily Dwerlkotte, Frankfort, Kan., and Jesse Muntz, Dexter, Kan.
Dwerlkotte, a sports management and business major, has been involved in basketball, business club and Alpha Theta Chi sorority. She has also served as a student ambassador and academic resource coordinator. Dwerlkotte is the daughter of Dave and Deb Dwerlkotte.
Muntz, a business management and operations management major, has been involved in track and field. He has broken the heptathlon record and qualified for nationals where he finished eighth this past year. He is the son of John and Pat Muntz.
Other 2010 Homecoming candidates were:
- Brad Banker, a business management major from Englewood, Colo. He has participated in football while at Bethany. Banker is the son of Bruce Banker and Cathy Mennick.
- Sean Boller, a vocal education and vocal performance major from Lindsborg, Kan. He has participated in choir, band and musicals. He was also a part of the student life team and winner of the Baber scholarship. Boller is the son of Tim and Cindy Boller.
- Vincent Ferguson, an accounting major from St. Louis, Mo. While at Bethany, he has been a member of the men’s basketball team. Ferguson is the son of Vickie Ferguson.
- Sean Johnson, a biology major from Edmond, Okla. He is a captain of the football team at Bethany. Johnson is the son of David and Cheryl Johnson.
- Carl “CJ” Littlejohn, a social science teaching major from Denver, Colo. At Bethany, he was a member of the men’s basketball team. Littlejohn is the son of Carl and Jackie Littlejohn.
- Mark Margres, from Sayreville, N.J., a biology major. At Bethany, he has participated in football, serving his team as a captain this year. He has served as the secretary and treasurer of Blue Key and as an academic resource coordinator. Margres is an NAIA All-American Scholar Athlete. He is the son of Mark and Robin Margres.
- Gabriel Moore, from Oberlin, Kan., an instrumental music education major. At Bethany, he has been a member of the Bethany College Band and Gamma Kappa Alpha fraternity. He is the son of Monte and Kelly Moore.
- Kayla Bell, a biology and chemistry major from Tipton, Mo. At Bethany, she has been involved in the Bio-Chem Club, serving as vice president. She also volunteers at the Bethany Home and conducts undergraduate research with Professor Lockyear. Bell is the daughter of Brice and Donna Bell.
- Tobey Bergsten, from Hutchinson, Kan., a history/political science major. While at Bethany, she has been part of the cheer and dance teams. Bergsten is the daughter of Barry and Julie Bergsten.
- Brittany Brady, a biology major from Smolan, Kan. She has participated in softball and is a member of Alpha Theta Chi sorority. Brady is the daughter of Gary and Robin Brady.
- Delecia Mandrey, from Thornton, Colo., who is majoring in theatre and communications. She has been a member of the cheer squad and women’s soccer team. Mandrey was also involved in Student Congress. She is the daughter of Liz Jimenez and the late Karl Jimenez.
- Samantha Reeves, a secondary math education major from Wray, Colo. She has been active in Advocacy Team, served as class president, was a resident assistant, and member of peer ministry. Reeves also played softball. She is the daughter of Frank and Tammy Reeves.
- Crysta Stensaas, from Concordia, Kan., who is majoring in elementary education with a middle school math endorsement. She has been a member of the women’s basketball team, serving as a captain this year. She is also involved in Alpha Theta Chi sorority and a student ambassador. She is the daughter of Mick and Beth Stensaas.
- Erica Streit, Tipton, Kan., who is majoring in elementary education with a middle school level language arts endorsement. At Bethany, she is a member of the Student Activities Board, Alpha Theta Chi sorority and Gold Key women’s scholastic society. She was a member of the Bethany College Dance Team for two years and has served as a resident assistant and student ambassador. Streit is the daughter of Gary and Janelle Streit.