Student of the Week- Alex Delong, Sept. 24

DeLongName: Alex Delong

Sport: Women’s Basketball

Position: Guard/Post

Hometown: Admire, KS

Major: Art Education with a concentration in Ceramics and Painting

Plans for the future? Besides the obvious getting married and having kids, my plans for the future involve becoming a teacher and coach. Outside of school, I hope to sell my art as well.

Why did you choose to go to Bethany? I chose to go to Bethany because of the positive atmosphere and the inclusiveness of the campus. I also like the smaller campus because I feel that I am a pretty social person and love being able to form relationships with different people around campus.

What has been your favorite memory from college? My favorite memory from college can’t be pinpointed into one specific time, but overall just the relationships I’ve made and the places I’ve traveled to; from basketball games to Harlaxton.

What drives you as an athlete? My drive comes from the experience of injuring my knee and overcoming that hardship. It ignited a passion that left me striving to become a better athlete and the opportunity to get on the court again. You never know when your last play will be, so I always try my hardest in the moments I have.

What is a talent outside of your sport that you possess? I am a functional potter, which means I can make teapots, bowls, cups, plates, and pretty much anything else out of clay. I throw it on the potter’s wheel.

What is something very few people know about you? I can cross my left eye and keep my right eye looking straight. It’s a little creepy, but it’s something I’ve mastered.

Favorite food: Food in general

Favorite place to eat: Chipotle

Favorite beverage: Arnold Palmer

Favorite TV show: Awkward

Favorite class: Ceramics

Favorite movie: The Lion King

Favorite Band: N*Sync

Favorite holiday: Christmas

Favorite website: Anything to do with shopping!

Favorite actor: Michael Cera

Favorite quote: “The mark of a champion is believing in yourself when no one else does.”

Favorite college team: Kansas State Wildcats

Morning or night? Morning

Eat out or cook? Cook

Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi

Steak or fish? Steak

Pro or college? College

Rap or rock?  Rap

Country or pop? Pop

Dance or sing? Both! Especially in the car!

What is your ringtone? Ray Bands-B.O.B.

What is your current desktop picture? A photograph of my friends and I at the Color Run in Tulsa this summer.

Calendar All Events

October