Student of the Week-Shane Huggins, February 4

HugginsName: Shane Huggins

Major: Criminal Justice

Sport: Tennis

Hometown: Golden Vale, St. Vincent

Nominated By: Vic Bateman

Shane Huggins is poised to become the all time singles wins leader at Bethany College this season, while staying on pace to be an NAIA Academic All-American for his career. He is the vice president of the Law and Order Club and a member of the Alpha Kappa Omega Fraternity.

Involvements at Bethany: Tennis, Vice President of Law and Order Club, Alpha Kappa Omega Fraternity

Plans for Future: My plans for the future involve moving to England upon graduating from Bethany to attend Law School, as well as hopefully continuing to play tennis on some competitive level. I hope to continue, as well as further my modeling career.

Why did you choose to go to Bethany? Honestly, ever since I was 15, I was ready to move from my home in St. Vincent to the U.S. or Europe to have a life that consisted of tennis before school or work. But my mother wanted the opposite. Bethany was the very first school to offer me an athletic scholarship, I wasted no time in accepting it since I was ready to leave. In short, Bethany found me. I didn’t find Bethany and overtime the adjustment got better.

What has been your favorite memory from college? I think it would be just hanging out and playing with some of the friends I have made. I mean come on, there is nothing like being on a team filled with international players from all around the world and everyone making fun of my accent.

What drives you as a person? Love, dedication, and faith. That’s it.

What is a special talent you possess? The ability to have hair that everyone stares at.

What are your hobbies? Doing Insanity.

What is something very few people know about you? Hahaha. Well some things should be left a mystery…shouldn’t they?

Favorite Food: Curried Goat Stew

Favorite Place to Eat: Carrabba’s

Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory

Favorite Book: My Life

Favorite Class: Any class taught by Doug Smith

Favorite Movie: Despicable Me

Favorite Holiday: Carnival

Favorite Actor: Johnny Depp

Favorite Quote: “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”

Morning or Night? Night

Eat out or Cook? Eat out

Coke or Pepsi? None

Steak or Fish? Steak

Rap or Rock? Rap

Country or Pop? Pop

Dance or Sing? Dance

What is your current ringtone? Jook So-Aidonia

What is your current desktop picture? My Fiance