Student of the Week-Brittany Lewis, March 18

LewisName: Brittany Lewis

Major: Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Special Education

Sport: Softball

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Nominated By: Coach Janice Esses

“Lewis was our only Scholar Athlete last year. She carries a 3.5 GPA and she completed her student teaching last fall.”

Involvements at Bethany: Softball

Plans for Future: After graduating in May, I plan on moving back to Arizona to find a job teaching elementary special education and start a family with kids and dogs. While I teach, I would like to get my masters in speech pathology and become a speech pathologist in a school or hospital. I also would like to retire to playing slow pitch softball and coach a young travel softball team in Arizona.

Why did you choose to go to Bethany? I chose Bethany because of the small class sizes and welcoming atmosphere in this town. I love being able to focus on my schooling and having the added bonus of continuing to play the sport I love at the collegiate level.

What has been your favorite memory from college? My favorite memory from college so far has been being back to back KCAC Conference Champions and receiving the opportunity to go to the NAIA Nationals in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Being apart of the softball program for four years in general has created memories for me that I will never forget.

What drives you as a person? My competitive nature and always striving to be my very best is what drives me as a person. No matter what I may be doing, I always give it my all and learn from everything I do. I have excellent support from many important people in my life which keeps me going as well.

What is a special talent you possess? I am a good racquetball player. I was ranked second in state back in Arizona for my age division at the time.

What are your hobbies? I love sports in general. Softball, Basketball, Volleyball, and Racquetball are my favorites.

What is something very few people know about you? The cartilage in my ears didn’t form correctly so I had to have casts stitched through both of my ears to form the cartilage back into the right place.

Favorite Food: Pasta

Favorite Place to Eat: Chipotle

Favorite Beverage: Mountain Dew

Favorite TV Show: America’s Got Talent

Favorite Class: Racquet Sports

Favorite Movie: The Descent

Favorite Band: Train

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Favorite Website: Facebook

Favorite Actor: Jennifer Aniston

Favorite Quote: “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

Favorite Pro Team: Green Bay Packers

Favorite College Team: Arizona State University

Morning or Night? Night

Eat out or Cook? Eat out

Coke or Pepsi? Coke

Steak or Fish? Steak

Rap or Rock? Rock

Country or Pop? Country

Dance or Sing? Dance

What is your current ring tone? Marimba

What is your current desktop picture? My best friend and I