New MindFire Academy gallery exhibits DeLong’s “Caesura”

Caesura by Alex DeLongAlexandria DeLong will exhibit “Caesura,” a collection of ceramic work and paintings, at the new Bethany College at MindFire Academy Art Gallery at 3805 East Harry Street, Suite 100, in Wichita, Kan., from May 13 until a special “Final Friday” closing reception on May 31 from 7 to 9 p.m.

Special tours of the new media arts facilities at MindFire Academy will also be available during this time. The event is free and open to the public.

Currently, DeLong is creating large non-objective paintings, emphasizing the relationship of color and space. “Using large canvases enables me to explore my personal/physical environment. I thrive on experimenting with exuberant and wild colors because these not only appeal to my eye, but also they become a reflection of my soul.”

In her ceramic work, DeLong focuses on the aspect of functional pottery with her interest focusing on mugs and bowls. She is pushing her capability with the variation of her form and character of each piece. DeLong creates all of her work with a strong emphasis in flexibility and reacting with each step of the process, both in painting and ceramics.

News All News

Calendar All Events

October
November