Student of the Week – Jeremy Koehler, May 6

Jeremy KoehlerName: Jeremy Koehler

Major: Criminal Justice

Hometown: Wichita, KS

Nominated By: Vicki Cornett and Kristin Van Tassel

“He has been involved in student government and has helped make the student experience better at Bethany. He’s a gem of a student – deeply involved in campus life and student government – smart and motivated and funny – for the past two years, he’s been a leader, in particular, in the Honors program.”

Involvements at Bethany: Student Body President (Two years), Law & Order Club, Bethany Ambassador, Resident Advisor (3rd Floor Warner), Pi Sigma Chi

Plans for Future: Pursue a career in law enforcement and continue my education in graduate school.

Why did you choose to go to Bethany? My mother graduated from Bethany in 1981, and I was attracted to the small classes and caring nature of faculty and staff when I visited Bethany.

What has been your favorite memory from college? I don’t necessarily have one memory that stands out, but I think what will stand out to me most looking back in thirty years is the fact that I was able to have a meaningful conversation with almost anyone any given day at Bethany. I would not trade the small college experience for anything else.

What drives you as a person? I am driven by the desire to fulfill the expectations I have set for myself and to reach the goals I have for my life.

What are your hobbies? Watching the Chiefs and Royals, hanging out with friends, watching three seasons of shows on Netflix in one sitting.

What is something very few people know about you? I have seen every episode of Desperate Housewives!

Favorite Place to eat: Chipotle

Favorite Beverage: Water

Favorite TV Show: The West Wing

Favorite Book: Harry Potter! And Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin

Favorite Class: American Novel (KVT), Police and Society (Doug Smith), or The American Presidency (Pigge)

Favorite Movie: The Departed

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Favorite Website: I like Huffington Post, The Onion and of course bethanylb.edu and bethanyswedes.com

Favorite Actor: Brad Pitt and Anna Kendrick

Favorite Quote: “Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.” -Winston Churchill

Favorite Pro Team: Kansas City Royals and Chiefs

Favorite College Team: Wichita State

Morning or Night? Night

Eat out or Cook? Cook

Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi

Steak or Fish? Fish

Rap or Rock? Rap

Country or Pop? Country

Dance or Sing? Sing

What is your current ring tone? The annoying default Verizon ringtone