Featured Student of the Week – Kara Shaheen

Kara SheehanName: Kara Shaheen

Major: Elementary Education- Teaching K-6

Hometown: Manhattan, KS

Nominated by: Gail Konzem

“Kara is a great student! She shares insight into class discussions and is an all-around positive influence within the Education Department.”

Involvements at Bethany: Volleyball, Track & Field, Pathfinder, BYMT, RA, Peer Ministry

Why did you choose Bethany College?  I loved the family atmosphere on campus and the small town of Lindsborg!

What has been your favorite memory from Bethany? I’ve been pretty lucky to have a lot of great memories with a lot of great people here at Bethany that I can’t pick just one!

What are your plans for the future?  I hope to someday have a family and be a teacher and a coach at a small town/school in Kansas.

What drives you as a student? I like knowing that I am making my family and friends proud. Also, knowing that one day all my hard work will pay off when I make a difference in just one child’s life.

Who or what inspires you? My family inspires me. I could never thank them enough for the love and support that they give.

Do you have any pets? 2 Fish

What’s a talent you possess? I basically can dominate any card game J

What’s something very few people know about you? In third grade, I was on a bowling league and my team got 3rd place. I’m still proud of how big the trophy I got it is.

What’s your best advice? When you wake up every morning know that God has added one more day in your life not only because you need it, but because someone else needs you out there. Live it to the fullest and make every day a great day!

What’s your desktop picture? My entire extended family at my cousin’s wedding.

Favorite drink? Peach Lemonade

Favorite restaurant?  Chipotle

Favorite holiday? Christmas

Favorite pro team? New York Yankees

Morning or Night? Night

Favorite Quote: “God has added one more day in your life not only because you need it, but because someone else needs you out there”

Eat out or cook? Cook

Rock or Rap? Country

Dance or sing? Both