Featured Student of the Week – Carole Stuenkel

20 - Carole StuenkelName: Carole Stuenkel

Major: Double Major in Interactive Graphic Design and Studio Art with focus in Painting

Hometown: Palmer, KS

Nominated by: Warren Olson, Associate Vice President for Advancement

Involvements (sports, clubs, organizations): Alpha Delta Zeta (Treasurer), Art Club (President), College Choir, Bethany Oratorio Society, Beta Tau Sigma

Plans for the future: Build portfolios in both design and painting, then go to Graduate School (maybe on the east coast?) and snag an internship at a design firm.

Why did you choose to go to Bethany? The second I stepped into the art building and saw paint and clay splatters literally EVERYWHERE, I knew this place was perfect. Every other college art department I visited was such a sterile, hospital-like environment—not very inspiring. The people in the admissions office treated me like gold and the professors were very warm and welcoming….There really was no other school I liked as much.

What has been your favorite memory from college? Meeting some of the best friends I’ve ever had and getting to spend almost every day with them for the past three years.

What drives you as a person? Knowing that it’s completely up to me to be the best person I can be.

What is a special talent you possess? Mimicking people’s voices and quoting movies

What are your hobbies? Making homemade cards, digital and analog photography, riding my bike, repainting/antiquing furniture…I also like to crochet doilies and listen in on the party line. (Just kidding.)

What is something very few people know about you? We have about twenty thousand barn cats at home. (No, really, it’s getting out of hand.)

Favorite food? Sushi, and pretty much anything my sister cooks.

Favorite place to eat? Diamaru

Favorite beverage? “Green Machine” Naked juice.

Favorite TV show? Bones

Favorite book? The Art Forger

Favorite class? So far my Advanced Web Design (Animation) and Interactive Media class has been pretty entertaining as well as challenging.

Favorite movie? Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Favorite band? The Goo Goo Dolls

Favorite holiday? Christmas Eve

Favorite website? Ballerinaproject.com—it’s pretty legit.

Favorite actor? Betty White

Favorite quote? “No artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.”- Oscar Wilde

Favorite college team? K-State I guess?

Morning or night? Early morning is my favorite, but I get more homework done after 9pm.

Eat out or cook? Cook…most of the time.

Coke or Pepsi? Coke

Steak or fish? Either one!

Rap or rock? Rock

Country or pop? I’m a seasonal fan of both: Country in the summer, Pop during winter.

Dance or sing? I personally prefer singing, but I love to watch ballet and figure skating.

What is your current ring tone? It’s called “Very Alarmed,” (courtesy of U.S. Cellular).

What is your current desktop picture? A picture I took of an old, decaying house on our property back home.

News All News

Calendar All Events

October
November