As part of its growing commitment to community outreach and education, Bethany College @ MindFire invites the public to MindFire Connect 2014, a free educational event, on June 28. MindFire Connect 2014 will give everyone a unique opportunity to speak to digital arts professionals working in both Wichita and Hollywood, including 3D animators who worked on Academy Award winning films, designed games for XBOX and music producers of hit records.
This exciting event is free and open to the public.
“This event is about discovery and what kind of future there is out there for the digital arts industry,”says MindFire Director Jason Opat. “These professionals who are being so gracious with their time will be talking about their careers and accomplishments, and will also be answering questions from the public.”
Current, future and potential students, along with people who are just curious about Wichita’s only school dedicated entirely to the digital arts are encouraged to attend. “We want to inspire kids and adults to think about what we teach for their future,”Opat continues.
“It’s about community and we have a lot to offer our community. Once our students learn the skills, they can get out into the world and they’ll know what to expect as they pursue their careers.” More information about MindFire Connect 2014 can be found on the website, www.mindfire.tv.
- 9 a.m. – Registration
- 10 a.m. – Audio Recording Techniques with KC Easterwood
- 11 a.m. – Audio for gaming with Chanel Summers, XBox Sound Designer
- 12 p.m. – Filmmaking Techniques with Dave Roberts
- 1 p.m. – Computer Animation with Scott Peters, Disney Animator on “Frozen”
- 2 p.m. – Motion Capture and Animation with Colby Turybury
- 3 p.m. – Music Production with David Huff, Memphis and Nashville Music Producer