Student learning outcomes:
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of movement concepts, principles and strategies as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- The student shall demonstrate leadership in his/her field of study by promoting wellness activities to others, attending professional workshops and conferences, and/or participating in research.
- The student will live, maintain, and promote a healthy lifestyle, be able to articulate strengths and weaknesses in regards to community and individual health and wellness, as well as take action in a positive approach for improvement.
- The student will have the knowledge and skills to evaluate the safety of any environment, be able to respond to a medical emergency, and educate others in the same.
- The student will exhibit responsible personal and social behavior and value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, and social interaction.
The health and physical education teaching major is for those students who are interested in teaching and coaching.