The mission of the Honors Program is to bring Bethany’s best students together in an interdisciplinary class setting where they can push themselves and one another in an academic community of equally prepared, motivated, focused, curious learners.
Why You Should Apply
You will sharpen your critical thinking skills and be a member of an active and stimulating community. You will be challenged to perform your very best. You will be invited to engage with important ideas in a world that needs you.
Additionally, members of the Honors Program will enjoy the following privileges:
- An annual Honors scholarship of at least $1000, subject to merit increases as the annual budget allows.
- Funds available on a competitive basis to subsidize participation in academic conferences.
- Priority in enrollment – you’ll register for courses before all other students.
- An overload fee waiver during the semesters you are taking Honors courses.
- Faculty-length borrowing privileges at the library (that is, longer lending time).
Your Honors status will be included on your diploma. This communicates your customized, challenging coursework to future employers, graduate programs, and professional schools. Your Honors coursework will also mean you’ll work closely with faculty across the disciplines – faculty who will not only help you explore diverse, integrated professional options but also direct you to unusual academic and research opportunities and provide you with crucial support and recommendations in the graduate school and job application process.
Application Criteria & Program Courses
See the Academic Catalog for application criteria and program courses.