The mission of the Bethany College Honors Program is to encourage and recognize excellence across liberal arts (both directly in members of the program and indirectly in the student body as a whole).
Why You Should Apply
First and foremost, because the honors program will make you a better student. You will sharpen your thinking skills and be a member of an active community of interesting and interested people. You will be challenged to perform at your very best.
Honors students also receive a number of special benefits, including:
- Extended borrowing privileges at the library.
- Funds available on a competitive basis to subsidize participation in academic conferences.
- Priority in enrollment.
- Regular participation in seminars led by honors students, Bethany faculty and guest lecturers.
- Help in applying for post-graduate scholarships and fellowships.
- Use of Honors’ study lounge.
By noting your honors status on your diploma, Bethany communicates to future employers, graduate programs and professional schools that you are among the very best it has to offer. Also, being an honors student gives you access to faculty members who have been there. They will give you insider’s advice on graduate school applications, suggest which research fellowships match your goals, and introduce you to future employers. Bethany honors faculty will encourage and mentor you toward door-opening post-Bethany experiences.
Application Criteria & Program Courses
See the Academic Catalog for application criteria and program courses.