Interlibrary Loan Policy
The interlibrary loan service is available for affiliated students, faculty, and staff at Bethany College. Materials can be interlibrary loaned through the OCLC WorldCat database, or using the blank online forms. Interlibrary loan costs are not generally passed on to students, faculty or staff. Faculty and Staff may use the interlibrary loan service to support the classes they are teaching, or for furthering their own studies in the field they are teaching in, or in the area their office supports. The library asks that only 5 requests per week be submitted from students and ask that students exhaust the Library’s collection and the online resources before using interlibrary loan. Please contact the Interlibrary Loan Librarian if you have questions. Renewal of interlibrary loans can be requested from the lending library through the interlibrary loan librarian. When a patron orders an interlibrary loan and DOES NOT pick it up, they will be charged $1.00 per item.
How to exhaust the library’s resources before you send an InterLibrary Loan:
1. Have you checked the Online Catalog by subject for book titles that you need?
2. Have you checked the Online Catalog by searching by the title of the journal for the journal article that you need?
3. Have you checked the databases that are available to you for full text?
To make this step easier: Copy and paste any title that you are looking for into the search screen for each of these databases to see if it is full text in any of them. It is much easier to print or email this article then to send an interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loans take at least 1 to 2 weeks to receive.
4. After you have exhausted all the resources available to you at the library you may proceed to WorldCat to request an Interlibrary Loan. If you cannot find the item you are looking for in WorldCat, fill out and submit the appropriate form below or see a librarian for additional Interlibrary Loan options. Every effort will be made to acquire the material you need.
5. Please print out what you have requested for your record keeping and in case you have any questions about the status of your interlibrary loan.
Because of license restrictions, many online library resources are available for Bethany students and faculty only. Some of the library links may not be available to the general public.