Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award
In order to recognize outstanding achievement and service to society by a graduate who has provided “unique and significant service” to the college over his/her lifetime, the Alumni Association of this institution may bestow the Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award annually to one recipient. Recipients are nominated by former classmates or friends and selections are made by the Alumni Council.
- A record of noteworthy achievement and service to humanity in public or church life, OR
- A contribution of creativity in the Arts and/or Sciences, OR
- The head of a recognized organization or outstanding leadership and participation in the same, AND
- Demonstrate a history of and/or continued commitment to furthering the mission of Bethany College.
Because this is the highest honor a Bethany College graduate can receive, a lifetime record of “unique and significant service” to the college must be apparent.
Nomination deadline for the Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award is December 1. It is awarded each spring at the Alumni Recognition Banquet.
Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
- Dorothy (McGowan) Carmichael ’61
- John Palmquist ’60
- Sharon (Pearson) Palmquist ’60
- Kenneth Sjogren ’57
- Marilyn (Miller) Sjogren, ’60
- Mozelle (Clark) Sherman ’53
- Donald Anderson ’61
- Dorene (Dirks) Anderson ’61
- Rev. Dr. Harold ’60
- Shirley (Salmon) Nilsson ’60
- Louis Sherman ’54