Annual Fund giving societies, recognizing total gifts during a single fiscal year, include the:
- Golden Circle, for gifts of $10,000 and above
- Directors’ Club, for gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Silver Circle Club, for gifts of $2,500 to $4,999
- President’s Club, for gifts of $1,000 to $2,499
- Founder’s Club, for gifts of $500 to $999
- Heritage Club, for gifts of $250 to $499
The Stan Talbott Society recognizes people who have made a long-term commitment to supporting Bethany College. Membership is earned by those who makes gifts to the Annual Fund for five consecutive years, and is maintained by continued annual giving. The society is named in honor of Stan Talbott ’46, who served as Bethany’s alumni director for over 20 years.
The Carl Aaron Swensson Society is a distinguished group of Bethany friends who provide generous financial support for the college.
Membership in the Carl Aaron Swensson Society, founded in 1994, is open to all alumni, parents and friends of Bethany who:
- Include Bethany College in their will;
- Designate Bethany College as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or transfer ownership of the insurance policy to Bethany College;
- Establish a charitable gift annuity or a deferred payment gift annuity with Bethany College
- Complete a trust agreement designating Bethany College as a beneficiary;
- Transfer real estate to Bethany College through a life-estate agreement; or
- Designate Bethany College as a beneficiary of their pension plan, IRA, 401K, 403B, or other retirement plan.
Membership in the Carl Aaron Swensson Society is also attained by making lifetime gifts to Bethany College totaling $25,000 or more. Lifetime donors are recognized at these levels:
- The Nelander Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $25,000 to $49,999
- The Bethania Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $50,000 to $99,999
- The Founders Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $100,000 to $249,999
- The Reaching Higher Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $250,000 to $499,999
- The Legacy Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $500,000 to $749,999
- The President’s Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $750,000 to $999,999
- The Horizon Award for Lifetime Gifts totaling $1,000,000