The chorus for the performances of Bach and Handel is uniquely different in that community members, college students, and faculty join together to form the Bethany Oratorio Society. The chorus itself is rich in history. Mothers, daughters, fathers, and sons have made singing in the Messiah a tradition that lives on through the generations. Some members have been participating for over 50 years. This strong tradition is reflected in Lindsborg and Bethany College.
2015 Bethany Oratorio Society Rehearsal Information
- Sunday rehearsals are “Handel Only”, and will be held from 3:00 – 4:30pm in Presser Hall Auditorium. Bethany College. Singers may choose to participate only in Handel’s “Messiah.”
- Tuesday rehearsals are “Bach Only,” and will be held from 7:00 – 9:00pm in Presser Hall Auditorium, Bethany College. Please note that to participate in Bach’s “Passion…,” one must also participate in “Messiah.”
- Child Care Available – Messiah Lutheran Church (located directly across the main “keyhole” driveway from Presser Hall) will be providing child care during Sunday rehearsals only. RSVP to Messiah Lutheran Church, 785- 227-3977, if you will utilize this ministry.
The First Rehearsal is Sunday, January 25, in Presser Hall Auditorium.
|New Singers||Arrive at 2pm for an easy vocal placement on 3rd Floor Presser Hall, then to get registered in Lobby. Rehearsal begins 3pm.|
|Returning Singers||Arrive between 2:30-2:45 to check contact information at Section tables.Returning singers do not need to re-register beforehand, but will still need to check in with Section Secretaries. Rehearsal begins 3pm.|
Absence Policy Singers are expected to attend every rehearsal. However, we know that people get sick and have other obligations. So, singers may miss one (1) rehearsal without consequences or advance permission. If a singer must miss more than one rehearsal he or she should consult Dr. Lucas prior to the second absence to determine if the singer will be adequately prepared to continue with the Chorus that season.
All interested orchestra members, please contact Dr. Mark Lucas at (785) 212-1362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in participating in the Bethany Oratorio Society?
- Must be 16 years old by April 1 to participate.
- Orchestra players must contact Dr. Mark Lucas, 785-212-1362.
- New singers: No audition necessary! Just a simple vocal placement hearing the first day of rehearsals.
- Choral scores available for purchase at the first four rehearsals. Handel = $9, Bach = $14. Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.