The chorus for the performances of Bach and Handel is uniquely different in that community members, college students, and faculty join together to form the Bethany Oratorio Society. The chorus itself is rich in history. Mothers, daughters, fathers, and sons have made singing in the Messiah a tradition that lives on through the generations. Some members have been participating for over 50 years. This strong tradition is reflected in Lindsborg and Bethany College.
BOS at JulTide Information
All interested singers are invited to participate with the Bethany Oratorio Society for the Jultide concert on Dec.7! A few movements from Handel’s “Messiah” and some new pieces will be performed. This is an excellent opportunity for new singers who want to experience what it’s like to perform with the BOS and “try out” a few movements of Handel’s “Messiah.” All are welcome!
- Singers must attend at least three (3) rehearsals to participate;
- Participants will be asked for a donation of $10 per singer to defray the cost of music; however, no one will be turned away.
Please RSVP to the Messiah Festival Office by October 31, so we can order music
Rehearsal Schedule: (all rehearsals on Presser Hall stage)
|Sunday, November 9||7 to 8:30 p.m. (after organ concert)|
|Sunday, November 16||7 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, November 23||8 to 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, November 30||7 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 6||Dress Rehearsal at 8 a.m.|
|Sunday, December 7||4 p.m. “Jultide at Bethany”|
New singers are asked to meet with director Dr. Mark Lucas for a quick and easy vocal placement. To make an appointment, please contact Dr. Lucas at (785) 212-1362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Child care is being provided at Messiah Lutheran Church, located just across the street from Presser Hall. Please call the Messiah Festival Office for more information, and to RSVP for your child(ren): (785) 227-3380, ext. 8137.
For more information or to RSVP: Messiah Festival Office, (785) 227-3380, ext. 8137 or email@example.com
2015 BOS Season
Chorus rehearsals begin Sunday, January 25, 2015 in Presser Hall Auditorium
- Sunday rehearsals for Handel’s “Messiah” – 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday rehearsals for Bach’s “Passion According to St. Matthew” – 7 to 9 p.m.
New singers welcome! Please arrive at 2 p.m. for a quick-and-painless vocal placement.
Orchestra rehearsals begin Sunday, February 8, 2015
All interested orchestra members, please contact Dr. Mark Lucas at (785) 212-1362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Child care provided for Sunday rehearsals only, at Messiah Lutheran Church (across the driveway from Presser Hall.)
- Families are asked to contribute a $30 donation to help defray costs (any amount gratefully appreciated.)
- Contact the Messiah Festival Office to RSVP your child(ren), (785) 227-3380, ext. 8137 or email@example.com
Are you interested in participating in the Bethany Oratorio Society?
- Must be 16 years old by April 1 to participate.
- Orchestra players must contact Dr. Mark Lucas, 785-212-1362.
- New singers: No audition necessary! Just a simple vocal placement hearing the first day of rehearsals.
- Choral scores available for purchase at the first four rehearsals. Handel = $9, Bach = $14. Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.