Immigration support for International Students is offered through International Student Services in the Office of Student Development. Services are tailored to the individual student’s needs with emphasis on adjustment to the campus and surrounding area and academic success. International Student Services and support in immigration related matters include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the check in, orientation and registration for new student and returning international students.
- Explain the benefits and restrictions of F-1 visa status through immigration advising.
- Serve as a liaison for international students on campus and in the community.
- Advise international students on matter relating to their academic programs that may impact their F-1 status in the U.S.
- Provide information on authorized employment opportunities, including practical training.
- Aid in the securing of legal documents available to international students.
- Assist with outreach activities on campus and in the Lindsborg community.
- Work closely with students to assist in acculturation to campus life and American culture.
- Perform study abroad counseling to current Bethany College students and guide them through the process.