- Attend exit loan counseling session arranged by the Student Financial Services Office. Degrees and transcripts will be held until exit interviews are completed.
- Check with the Student Financial Services Office to be sure all bills are paid.
- Return library books and magazines by Thursday, May 16.
- Leave forwarding address in Mailroom by Friday, May 17.
- Clean out locker(s) and/or campus mailbox by Friday, May 17.
- Complete move-out arrangements for campus housing by Friday, May 17. Residence halls will close for graduates at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 20.
ACADEMIC GARB FOR CEREMONY:
- Order with Application for Degree Completion form through Enrollment Services. (*See details below.)
- Pick up cap/gown/hood. If you cannot pick up your academic garb at the assigned time, please make arrangements with Provost Office.
- Press your gown.
- Return your hood to Student Financial Services immediately after Commencement by 4 p.m.
- Ordering announcements/invitations is optional. Information concerning announcements of Commencement is available at the bookstore, or by calling (800) 433-0296, or online at cbgrad.com
- Attend Commencement rehearsal on Saturday, May 18 at 10 a.m.
*Cap & Gown – Fill out form for cap/gown through Enrollment Services by March 22, 2013. The cap, gown, and tassels are purchased by the college for you to keep. The hoods are rented by the college and will need to be returned. If you wish to purchase your hood contact the Provost’s office, ext. 8104. Academic dress (cap, gown, and hood) is worn for both the Baccalaureate Service and Commencement Ceremony.
- Gowns are worn closed without jewelry, flowers, or other accessories. Caps are worn with the mortarboard flat (parallel to the floor), short point to the front. Tassels are worn to the right throughout the day until immediately after receiving the diploma. Men should remove their caps for prayer.
- Gold tassels signify honors.
- Commencement day attire should be business casual while keeping modesty in mind. (Something your grandma will be proud to see you in!) Shoes may be any color but should be comfortable and dressy.