The Bethany College 2015 Jazz Festival will feature performances by Donna Singer at 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 8 in Presser Hall Auditorium. The concerts will highlight a full day of live jazz performances – all free and open to the public.
Six area jazz ensembles will attend clinics and jam sessions throughout the day beginning at 8 a.m. and continuing until 4 p.m.
Singer is a graduate of the New York Academy of Theatrical Arts, with formal training at the Julliard School. She has recorded two gospel albums and a Christmas album and will be performing the National Anthem for the Miami Dolphins on October 25. Singer will also perform Friday, October 9 in Lindsborg for Jazz at the J.O. as part of the Hyllningsfest events.
Jazz ensembles performing on the Presser Stage during the Bethany Jazz Fest, include:
- 8 a.m. – Sterling Middle School
- 9 a.m. – Southeast of Saline High School
- 10 a.m. – Hesston High School
- 11 a.m. – Circle High School
- Noon – Concert and Jam Session
- 1:30 p.m. – Hutchinson Community College
- 2:30 p.m. – Bethany Jazz Band
- 4 p.m. – Concert and Jam Session