The Bethany College Board of Directors has announced selection of a search firm along with the names of those who will serve on the presidential search committee that will help identify Bethany’s next president.
The board selected AGB Search, with Dr. Richard Torgerson as its lead consultant. Torgerson is a former dean of the college at Bethany and served 14 years as president at Luther College. AGB Search is affiliated with the Association of Governing Boards and based in Washington, D.C.
“Our committee is made up of a diverse, proven, and well regarded group of professionals,” said Sean Patty, vice chair of the board of directors and 1986 Bethany alumnus. Patty will also serve as the search committee chair. The anticipated search timeline is January through May.
Committee members include:
- Sean Patty, Vice chair, Board of Directors, Venture Capitalist, FenceRow Capital, LLC, St. Louis, MO
- Marie Friedemann, Secretary, Board of Directors, Associate Dean – Higher Education, Regis University, Denver, CO
- Corey Peterson, Board of Directors, Owner, Hemslojd, Lindsborg, KS
- Bob Mooney, Board of Directors, Telecom Solutions Architect, Telcordia Technologies, Monument, CO
- Jim Martin, Board of Directors, Retired, Medical Device Industry, Kansas City, MO
- Kristin Van Tassel, Associate Professor, English Department Chair, Faculty Senate Chair, Bethany College, Lindsborg, KS
- Mark Lucas, Associate Professor, Music Department Co-chair, Bethany College, Lindsborg, KS
- Vicki Cornett, Director of Admissions and Operations, Bethany College, Lindsborg, KS
- Ted Kessinger, Retired, Lindsborg, KS
- Joe Jedrzejewski , Director of Youth Ministries, Advent Lutheran Church, Olathe, KS