Experienced-Based Education is an internship-for-credit program unique to Bethany College. By participating in an EBE, Bethany students earn academic credit while job shadowing or interning.
Anyone can be an intern, but what makes an EBE unique is the learning experience. In an EBE, students
- create an educational plan in coordination with their worksite supervisor;
- attend an EBE orientation;
- journal during the internship;
- write a summary paper on the experience; and
- reflect on the experience afterwards with a sponsoring professor and the career services director.
EBE students not only learn practical career skills and define their career goals, they apply principles studied in the classroom and gain deeper insights