Student learning outcomes:
The Bethany College Exercise Science Program is committed to educating and preparing students for careers in exercise science, sports performance, exercise programming and management through the obtainment of knowledge, skills and abilities related to health and wellness.
- Understand the concepts of physical health and wellness (e.g., CV endurance, muscular strength and endurance, etc.). Incorporate formal and informal assessment strategies toward the development of these concepts.
- Understand how individuals learn and develop. Demonstrate safe and appropriate activities to support physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
- Understand the need to foster relationships with others (i.e., students, colleague’s/teaching professionals, parents, recreational community, etc.). Practices the role of servant leadership in the area of physical health and wellness.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct academic and/or professional research. Access and evaluate research for the best practices that enhance physical health and wellness.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate the theory of coaching, design and game management, and the organization and administration of the sport or activity.
Note to students:
Bethany College Athletic Training Education Program is currently on probation by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78731-3101. The program has chosen to Voluntarily Withdraw its Accreditation effective May 31, 2020. The program will remain on probation until the Withdraw is effective and the program is closed.
Health and Physical Education Teaching PreK-12
Physical Health and Wellness
(If you are interested in a career as a Certified Athletic Trainer, please contact the Exercise Science Department Chair Laura Stenlund, MAT, LAT, ATC at email@example.com for information about the Bethany College Exercise Science degree and forthcoming Sports Medicine Concentration and/or information about how to become a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer.)
Athletic Training Brochure
Athletic Training Education Program Fees
Program Retention, Student Graduation and Graduate Placement