Junior Year: Intern and Lead!
At this point, you’re applying classroom learning to a work setting, and you’re able to affirm your career decision. Preparation this year will make for a smooth transition into the workforce or graduate school.
Checklist for Success in Year 3: MAKE DECISIONS
- Consider what you have learned from self-assessment and research. Weigh the pros and cons. If you haven’t, narrow down to two or three options.
- Check in with Career Services about your job search strategy.
- Get a resume and cover letter review in Career Services.
- Attend the Career Fair and other career events to obtain an internship and prepare for the job/graduate school search.
- Participate in experiential learning to utilize classroom knowledge in a professional setting: EBE, departmental practicum, research, student teaching, etc. Check out the EBE webpage!
- Participate in service projects with employers—network and give back! Discover opportunities with Campus Activities or Campus Ministry.
- Conduct a mock interview with a faculty member or in Career Services.
- Research graduate programs and determine timelines for applications.
- Take on leadership roles in on- and off-campus groups.
- Join professional organizations in your field.