Swedes@Work is an on-campus Experience Based Education (EBE) program beginning in Spring 2020. The Swedes@Work program offers exclusive, paid, on-campus experiential learning opportunities to students. The EBE program at Bethany allows students to earn credit and learn through professional experiences outside of the classroom. Students should approach EBEs as they would full-time, permanent work.
Swedes@Work experiences are paid $10/hour and are worth 3 credit hours (120 working hours = ~10 hours/week). The Swedes@Work program is funded by the Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The Swedes@Work program is designed to provide opportunities for students to develop technical and transferable skills in a professional setting in order to become more career-ready. Any student qualifying for specific Swedes@Work internships may apply–there are no specific program requirements for GPA, classification, or experience.
If you are interested in reading more about Swedes@Work openings, click here:
- Each applicant will submit a resume, and final candidates will interview for the position.
- In order to be eligible, each applicant must attend preparation workshops:*
- Resume Workshop: Monday, September 30 from 12-12:45pm in Levin Room
- Interview Workshop: Thursday, October 24 from 12-12:45pm in Levin Room
*Applicants who have completed CP101 or BQ310 before Fall 2019 are not required to attend workshops.
- Individual application qualifications (required and/or preferred) will be set by the hiring department. Please pay attention to these when reviewing the position descriptions.
- Students must enroll in an EBE for Spring 2020 and complete the EBE paperwork by the enrollment deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019 at 5PM
- Monday, September 30, 2019 | Resume Workshop
- Thursday, October 29, 2019 | Interview Workshop
- Friday, December 20, 2019 | Spring 2020 EBE paperwork deadline
- Monday, January 27, 2020 | First day of spring term