Swede Stat Stop
The Nurse Office Hours are Monday through Thursday from 10am-2pm
- Assessment, Treatment, Medication: For colds, sore throats, flu, allergies, burns, cough, ear and eye problems, headache, insect bites, insomnia, lacerations, abrasions, lice, muscle pain, injuries, rash, sunburn, blisters and stomach problems.
- Service Provisions: Suture removal, blood pressure checks, do your own pregnancy test, glucose tests, change and provide dressings, wash ears for wax buildup, weight checks, basic eye exam, condoms, Depo Provera shots and TB skin tests. Flu shots for nominal fee.
- Equipment Loans: Crutches, slings, heating pads, wristlets, ace bandages, and ankle braces.
- Referral: Bethany College has a nurse-directed health service. Students may be referred to doctors, physician assistants, dentists, optometrists, and many other medical services and specialties.
- References and Handouts: For numerous health-related subjects such as: blood pressure, HIV (AIDS), STD’s, weight reduction, exercises, special diets, back pain, quit smoking, breast cancer, tattoos and body art, and many more.
Other Health Facilities
- Lindsborg has a full-service community hospital, including a 24-hour emergency room. See more about the Lindsborg Community Hospital and the Family Health Care Clinic at http://www.lindsborghospital.org
- Urgent care available Saturday and Sunday at the Lindsborg Community Hospital from 12:00-6:00 p.m.
- STATCARE in Salina provides weekend and evening medical treatment as another option.
Counseling & Enrichment Services
The Office of Counseling & Enrichment Services Mission is to assist and educate students in developing greater self-understanding, strengthen coping skills, enhance problem solving techniques, and foster resolution in resolving issues that may interfere with academic success, personal and spiritual growth and development.
The Counseling & Enrichment Center has an open door policy for any student, faculty, or staff member to come and visit sharing everyday hospitality and offering a safe comfortable environment. Although counseling services are not permitted for staff and faculty, referral services may be offered, which also offers a sense of community. Every person is seen as a unique individual deserving unconditional acceptance to feel cared about, and when making unhealthy life choices being educated by a life coach to find an alternative healthy choice and discussing the core values of Bethany College as they seek to develop greater understanding, strengthen coping skills, enhance problem solving techniques, and assisting with resolving issues that may interfere with academic success, personal and spiritual growth and development. Additional services include substance abuse evaluations, sports based counseling programming, and campus educational programming.
Most counseling and enrichment services are provided free of charge to Bethany College Students.