Senior Year: Launch Your Career!
Prepare to begin a successful career—develop strategies to get you noticed and stand out, learn how to integrate with your new team, utilize developed life skills. Move with confidence into your job or graduate school search, as you have prepared throughout your college career for this transition.
- Checklist for Success in Year 4: START YOUR CAREER
- Develop a job search strategy—what jobs will you search for? Develop a list of employers to pursue.
- Review your updated resume and cover letter with Career Services.
- Maximize your final EBE opportunity to make a lasting impression.
- Stay on top of your graduate school applications. Get tips for applications and essays.
- Seek letters of recommendation from faculty for graduate programs.
- Polish your LinkedIn profile and cleanse your other social media [link to calendar]
- See how hire-able and career-ready you are with our Hire Score Card.
- Attend the Career Fair to network with employers and land a job!
- Report your employment or graduate school acceptance to Career Services.
- Join the Alumni Association!
Started your job search? 70% of positions are obtained through who you know! Attend career events to network with employers—you never know who will help you get that foot in the door! Although not as commonly successful, try searching online job search databases for openings: