Welcome to Bethany!
We’re excited you’re here at Bethany College!
We want you to have opportunities for learning that inspire you and make you curious about the world and your relationship to it.
That’s why Bethany College is pleased to offer a free educational trip to Sweden to full-time, first-time freshmen of Bethany College.
Planning for the inaugural trip is underway!
When will the trip to Sweden be? The summer between your sophomore and junior year.
Where will we go? Stockholm, Uppsala, and the Värmland region
What’s really free? Bethany covers airfare, lodging, two meals a day, all in-country organized group transportation, and all fees associated with organized group activities.
What else is included? You’ll receive one hour of Quest II credit for participating fully in the trip and completing reflective assignments. (The credit will be applied to your transcript).
What is not included? Your third meal each day, snacks, souvenirs, excess baggage fees not included in the plane fare, transportation and fees for activities you choose during your free time.
What are the eligibility requirements?
1) Be in possession of a valid passport. (Students are responsible for obtaining passports and the costs of doing so.)
2) Have a 2.0 overall GPA by the end of the fall semester your sophomore year.
3) Be on track to have earned at least 36 hours of Bethany College credit by the end of your third semester
4) Be in good conduct standing as determined by the Dean of Student Development.
5) Complete and submit the online Swedes to Sweden Enrollment Form (available in your second semester).
Note: Participation in the free Swedes to Sweden trip stipulates that you will return to Bethany College and complete the fall semester following the trip. Failure to return to Bethany will result in the trip costs being transferred to your Bethany account. If a student withdraws from the trip after signing the trip confirmation agreement, all pre-trip investments the college has made (such as plane fare) will be transferred to the student’s Bethany account.